Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I've Been Thinking Part II

i learned something about myself today. 
ya see, i have a motherload of a schedule this semester, complete with creative classes and let's just say some not so creative ones. uh-huh...college algebra and finance.
let me explain, since there is no such thing as an easy class at byu, the even creative classes demand a lot of work. 
for example, i end up spending more time with the creative classes because i find them more enjoyable than the boring, punch numbers classes that leave you at a loss on how to complete a problem. 
and while i'm on my soapbox, let me just say that these d math and finance textbooks should actually teach how to...i dunno, do the problem. not just walk you through a few steps and then leave you on your own.
isn't it common sense that if you don't know how to do something complicated, you're not gonna figure it out on your own unless your taught or shown? 

No comments: